Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Slow-Cooker Roast and Gravy

I have 2 slow-cookers, a small one and a large one. I usually double the first 3 ingredients and use the big one, it turns out better that way, although I prefer it shredded with more gravy, but that's up to you.

1 (10 3/4-oz.) can cream of mushroom with roasted garlic soup
1 (10 1/2-oz) can condensed beef broth
1 (1-oz) envelope dry onion-mushroom soup mix
1 (3 1/2-to 4-lb) eye of round roast, trimmed
2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil

1. Stir together first 3 ingredients in a 5 1/2 quart slow cooker.

2. Sprinkle roast evenly with flour, salt, and pepper. Brown roast on all sides in hot oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Transfer roast to slow-cooker.

3. Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours.

4. Remove roast from slow cooker, slice to serve. Skim fat from gravy in slow cooker, if desired. Whisk gravy; serve over roast.

7 comments:

My crazy crazy life said...

Oooo, this sounds yummy, I will have to try this out for sure. I also have two crockpots...a big one and a small one...slower cookers are totally underrated.

Micah said...

I agree. I am obsessed with new slow-cooker recipes! I work full-time you know! ;)

Jaime and Jen DISH said...

Holy Cow! I made this slow cooked roast and it was mighty tasty. My whole family loved it and my hubby was like "wow that gravy is so good". Thanks for the recipe. I took pictures and I'm going to blog it and post it on our website, if that's okay with you. I will give a shout out to you and your blog and link to it. Thanks again!

Micah said...

Thanks! Yes, you can link this blog. Now we just need to post another one soon! :/

My crazy crazy life said...

I have a great recipe for little pecan tartletts called Pecan Tassies that I can send you and I also have a really yummy pumpkin chocolate chip recipe that my niece made in her home ec class. I can send those on too.

Micah said...

Sweet! Thanks!

Jaime and Jen DISH said...

Hey there again. I just posted your roast on my recipe blog. I linked over to yours. It was amazing and I hope to make it again soon. I also want to try your slow cooked chicken and that chocolate cake...YUMMY!!