I found this in Southern Living's December 2008 issue and it was a big hit!
1 (1 lb.) package hot ground pork sausage
2 Tbsp butter
4 green onions
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
14 large eggs, beaten
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
8 (8-inch) soft taco-size flour tortillas
1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
Toppings: grape tomato halves, sliced green onions, chopped fresh cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook sausage in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, 6-8 minutes or until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink. Remove from skillet; drain well pressing between paper towels. Wipe skillet clean.
2. Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Add green onions and cilantro, and saute 1 minute. Add eggs, salt, and pepper, and cook, without stirring, 2 minutes or until eggs begin to set on bottom. Gently draw cooked edges away from sides of pan to form large pieces. Cook, stirring occasionally, 4-5 minutes or until eggs are thickened but still moist. (Do not overstir.) Remove from heat, and gently fold in 1 1/2 cups Cheese Sauce and sausage.
3. Spoon about 3/4 egg mixture down center of each flour tortilla, roll up. Place, seam side down, in a lightly greased 13-x9-inch baking dish. Pour remaining Cheese Sauce over tortillas; sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until sauce is bubbly. Serve with desired toppings.
1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
3 cups milk
1 (8-oz.) block Cheddar cheese, shredded (about 2 cups), (I use Sharp Cheddar for a more distinct cheese flavor.)
1 (4-oz.) can chopped green chilies, (I used hot green chilies for a stronger flavor.)
3/4 tsp. salt
1. Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat; whisk in flour until smooth. Cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk; cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, 7 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat, and whisk in remaining ingredients until cheese is melted.
White Chocolate Cranberry Scones - If you know me, you know I love all things tea and that most definitely would include SCONES. I found these online months ago and have been dying to try t...
6 years ago